As a result of publishing the last pies, made with a base of puff pastry or broken dough, many readers have asked me how to unmold them without breaking them when we do not have a low removable mold. This type of molds are very comfortable, because they mold impeccably, but you have to know how to deal with what each one has.
In this case, the image is also worth more than a thousand words of mine.
Trick to unmold a cake
It’s as simple as:
1. Grease the base and walls of the mold.
2. Cut two broad strips of baking paper and place them on the base of the mold in a cross shape, so that they protrude around the edges.
3. Put another bit of butter on top of the paper strips.
4. Gently place the broken dough or puff pastry in the mold and proceed as directed by the recipe.
5. Once the cake is baked, and as soon as it cools a little to be able to handle it, pull up the strips of baking paper and place it carefully on a rack.